Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

At 18.49 -0400 1998.09.24, John W Baxter wrote:
>I would guess it's because the Required suite is incorporated into the
>'aete' by reference (ie, just by naming the suite).  That causes a lookup
>in the 'aeut' for the current dialect, and AppleScript uses *that*
>definition of the Required suite.  And I would guess that the tool doesn't
>go find those.
>
>Same for any other suite found in the 'aeut' ("Apple Event User
>Terminology") resource...that resource is found in the currently selected
>dialect file.  An app which implements  unchanged a suite contained in the
>'aeut' doesn't need to do more than mention that suite in its 'aete' (and
>not copying it is encouraged, so that changes Apple makes in the 'aeut' are
>seen by the user).

I have been thinking that maybe I should have a Mac::Glue::Dialect::English
class to provide these extra hooks.  Any thoughts?

Anyway, I ran into something in Netscape Communicator that is interesting.
The make event (core\crel) is not listed in the aete, but it _is_ in the
aetd resource.  What is the aedt resource?  Anyone seen this before?
Should I attempt to parse any available aedt resource, too?  Any other
resources I should know about?

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])