Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

At 10:59 -0400 9/29/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>I have been thinking that maybe I should have a Mac::Glue::Dialect::English
>class to provide these extra hooks.  Any thoughts?
>
>Anyway, I ran into something in Netscape Communicator that is interesting.
>The make event (core\crel) is not listed in the aete, but it _is_ in the
>aetd resource.  What is the aedt resource?  Anyone seen this before?
>Should I attempt to parse any available aedt resource, too?  Any other
>resources I should know about?

The 'aedt' resource is from one or more of the PowerPlant, MacAPP, and TCL
application frameworks (I *think* that all three wound up using it...I
think MacApp was the first:  Navigator uses PowerPlant, I believe...the old
Mosaic browser used MacApp).

It maps from event class/event id pairs to internal command numbers (making
incoming events more like menu commands, which are likewise mapped to
command numbers).

The event's presence in the aedt most likely means that the browser
supports the event.

'core' 'crel' is make in the English 'aeut'

Method...in Script Editor compile:

set foo to <<event corecrel>>

and see what it gets decompiled to when the text is rewritten after the
compile.  Those are really the left and right guillmots (or chevrons).

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,