Re: [MacPerl] Syntax Coloring in BBEdit

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:23:29 +0000, Jay Bedsole wrote:

>What really bugs me is that I can't seem to get at this invisible
>folder "Temporary Items" to clear the invisible flag.

You can't, because it's a reserved folder. Applescript acknowledges it's
existence. Type this in the Script Editor window, and click "run":

	path to temporary items folder

Voilˆ, the path appears in the result window.

One of the special properties of this folder is that the items in it are
moved to the trash at the next startup. You'll probably see some
mysterious folder with a name like "items from disk ..." appear in the
trashcan. That's them.

Otherwise, it's just a pretty ordinary folder (except that you can't
make it visible). You can create, read and write files in there without
any problem.

>From within MacPerl, you can find the path using:

	use Mac::Files;
	$tempdir = FindFolder(kOnSystemDisk,kTemporaryFolderType);

	Bart.