Re: [MacPerl] OT: diff

Matthew Langford, said in Re: [MacPerl] OT:  diff at Apr/21/2000, Fri
00:24:17.

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Brian McNett wrote:
> > http://www.macinsearch.com/infomac2/development/gnu-diff-event-server.html
>
> Interesting.  I can't seem to find this on a _real_ Info-Mac site.  Is
> this often true of Macinsearch?

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that on MIT HyperArchive, a
version of diff can be found:

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Abstracts/dev/src/gmz-
libraries.hqx.txt

That's the abstract, the download includes patch, rcs, and a set of
libraries so that the sources will build on the Mac.

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/dev/src/gmz-
libraries.hqx

Of course, this is the source code, and needs to be compiled.

Of course, Chris has presented MJD's 100% Perl solution, Algorithm::Diff,
which returns this to being an on-topic post.

--B