Re: [MacPerl] Basic Question

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:49:33 -0400, Chip G. wrote:

>I wish I could just cut and paste the format here, but that doesn't
>seem to work. Basically on the 'healthy' PDB I see a solid block of
>"FF"s from about 0130 to about 0890. On the 'unhealthy' PDB I see
>other characters mixed in with the "FF"s.

That seems weird.

Is this based upon the same source file, or on anoother? To really
compare the two, you need a identical source for both.

> Also the healthy ones have
>a simple name of the database imbedded in the top, the unhealthy one
>has a complete Mac path (with colon's and all).

Ah. But that sounds like the author did strip the path from the Unix
version; but this stripping must have failed in the Mac version because
of the different directory separator character.

You'll need to locate the snippet that does this, and update it. Look
for something with functionality similar to

	s/.*\///;

(strip everything up to the last slash)

and replace it with something like

--