Re: [MacPerl] FileMaker Pro DB

At 12:38 PM +0200 9/13/00, Bart Lateur wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:38:11 +0200, Axel Rose wrote:
>
>>I like the new scheme putting modules on sourceforge.net.
>
>For the newbies among us... how does it work? Suppose I got to this
>page:
>
>	<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac-ae-simple/>
>
>What next? What are all these options here, apart from the "doownload"
>link? (That one is obvious, but the others...)

You can find out the answer to some of your questions at
<http://sourceforge.net>.  The quick answer is that a lot of those
options are overkill for a single Perl module.  Sourceforge contains
a lot of options that are most useful primarily for big Open Source
projects with a lot of contributors.  But they host all sorts of Open
Source projects, small and large.

They also host a CPAN archive (which needs to be kept a little more current).

>--
>	Bart.

Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com