Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Configure.MPW now available in repackaged format(s)

At 08:44 -0400 14/05/2000, Paul Schinder wrote:

>Clearly, for an increase in size as time goes by.  Take a look at
>Sarathy's directory at CPAN and list it in time order, latest first.

ok - that'll give me a timeline that I can project.

>But the current MacPerl 5.6 build shouldn't get much larger.
>
>My own :src:MacPerl folder is currently 60 Mb.  Of course, it's on an
>HFS+ partition.

My :MacPerl: is 71.2Mb but I don't have all the executables successfully
compiled by SC yet. I have 30 free and hope that suffices the moment.

>Then again, 18 Gb SCSI drives are down to around $400, and IDE drives
>are cheaper, so probably no one considers saving space that important
>any more except people using legacy machines.  (My old PB 165 has a
>160 Mb drive, and over the years I've had to pare it down to nothing
>but essential software.)

Sigh. We could almost get a Gen-Three machine for the price of the HD.
Funny world.

---
"the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can
suppose" -  Haldane
Larry Moore  Fergus On Canada N1M 1V7 ljmoore@freespace.net
http://freespace.net/~ljmoore/Larry_resume.html