Re: [MacPerl] app glue alpha online

[stuff deleted]

>I think it depends on "where the user is coming from." AppleScript/Frontier
>users are accustomed to having to start an application before they can use it.
>Having the application automatically start when you ask it to do something
>just seams to be a little strange to me. But then I've been scripting in
>Frontier. A user such as myself is going to look for a "launch" verb and
>is going to be a bit confused unless it is documented that the app will
>start when you call it to do_something.

[stuff deleted]

If AppleScript users are accustomed to having to start an application
before they can use it, something's wrong: you don't have to launch
the application before running an AppleScript against it.  The
"tell application" will launch the app before trying to send the
AppleEvent(s).  If you give it the full path to the application,
it won't even ask you where it is:

tell application "Dev:Development:MPW:MPW Shell"
	DoScript "Open -n Temp:Temp:GooberDude2"
end tell

Tom.

--
Mrs. Bun: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got