Re: [MacPerl] MPPE Mailing list

At 09:39 -0700 07/13/1999, Bruce Van Allen wrote:
>2. Re: mppe list: Could you say a little more about what might
>happen with comments on the book? Isn't there already an errata web
>page somewhere (the publisher's site?)?

Yes. A list would give folks the opportunity to discuss what they
think is an error (or worse, an omission) before sending it to us.
Perhaps.

>I use and recommend the book alot. Have found some typos, and
>definitely could suggest expanded explanations of a few topics.

Ah, there.  So you could get on the feedback page or send it to the
suggestion address. Or discuss it with your fellow readers. Sometimes
discussion leads to more productive input that one-on-one comments.

>active lists. I know I'm not alone in being willing to contribute to
>an even greater second edition of MPPE. Is this all (:-) you're
>thinking of,

That's all I've thought of so far...

>or might there be other reasons to fork this discussion to its own list?

Anything is possible :-) If I had all the answers I'd go into private
consulting and make oodles of money :-)

>3. One thing I observe is that the confluence of MacPerl and BBEdit
>might just be a turning point in the fate of the Mac as a technical
>machine.

Yay Team!

>>message BODY the word
>>subscribe
>4. Oops! Is it ready yet???  I got this reply just now:
>
>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

Grumble. @%#^!. That's what comes of doing an overzealous
Search/Replace at midnight...

NOW it works.

- Vicki

-- --
        |\      _,,,---,,_       Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
  ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   Journeyman Sourceror: Scripts & Philtres
      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb  http://www.macperl.com