Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

At 4:40 PM -0400 9/29/98, Chris Nandor wrote:

>I see.  So it seems as long as I get the aeut thing going, then I should be
>OK to ignore the aedt, unless I want to double-check if the app supports
>the given event, which might not be a bad idea for those apps that support
>it, but that can wait for version 1.5.  :-)

How far have you gotten with this? I have turned aeteconvert to a module.

The module approach does two things. The first is that it is now extremely
easy to grab the aeut resource from the dialect. The other is that it is
now easy to change the output format of the parsed aete simply by
overriding a 17 or so functions that print out the events, classes,
properties, etc... Your glue maker can now be done with a dozen or so lines
of perl, not counting the output functions.  Part of the work would be
extracting relevant parts of the now-parsed aeut and merging them with the
aete data.

The module isn't quite ready for prime time, but I'll send it to anybody
who wants to play with it.

later,

---Dave---