Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

At 23.35 -0400 1998.09.29, David Schooley wrote:
>At 4:40 PM -0400 9/29/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>
>>I see.  So it seems as long as I get the aeut thing going, then I should be
>>OK to ignore the aedt, unless I want to double-check if the app supports
>>the given event, which might not be a bad idea for those apps that support
>>it, but that can wait for version 1.5.  :-)
>>

>How far have you gotten with this? I have turned aeteconvert to a module.
>
>The module approach does two things. The first is that it is now extremely
>easy to grab the aeut resource from the dialect. The other is that it is
>now easy to change the output format of the parsed aete simply by
>overriding a 17 or so functions that print out the events, classes,
>properties, etc... Your glue maker can now be done with a dozen or so lines
>of perl, not counting the output functions.  Part of the work would be
>extracting relevant parts of the now-parsed aeut and merging them with the
>aete data.
>
>The module isn't quite ready for prime time, but I'll send it to anybody
>who wants to play with it.

Well, what I did is adjust your droplet to save data into a big ol' single
data structure, and then use that data structure to print out data into my
module format.  I think that for now I'll just keep using it, and then port
it over to use your module once your module is done (assuming it is
feasible).  Feel free to look at my version of the droplet.  I'll have a
new version coming out later today, probably.  I am not too attached to it
at all, and am not opposed to replacing it.  :D

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])